Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rihanna in a Black Person Wig at the AMAs



AMA pictures are already rolling in (yay!!) and this is the first one that I've found. And of course it's a picture of RiRi. *Sigh*... Lets watch and discuss.

Now, I've always thought that Rihanna was a beautiful girl. But I also think that part of her appeal is her ability to sort of "de-ethnisize" herself (yes, I made that word up) as much as possible. From her nose job to her alleged skin lightening, she's never really given off much of a "black girl" vibe to me. And seeing her in this wig--this burgundy, East 94th and Hartford, round the way, corner store, everyday girl looking thing--it just threw me off. So I guess I should say that I have "no opinion." I don't love it and I don't hate it. I don't really think anything. Except that she could have chosen a different look.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment